Thursday, January 5, 2012
Villa Toscano – 2008 Old Vine Zinfandel
This was a nice everyday OVZ. It was a little dry and slightly smoky. I rate it up there with some of the mid-tier Lodi old vine zins but feel that overall Lodi does better on average with these. Rather, I tend to look at Shenandoah Valley for smooth Barberas.
The tasting room in Amador is fantastic. The buildings have nice décor, the barrel room is huge. The gardens are manicured beautifully…a great place to take photos. They offer a small place where visitors can buy food. Inside the tasting room they offer several barrel tastings (even to non-members). They have an assortment of jams, mustards, olive oils, etc. and often have a few open to try. The staff is very friendly and welcoming.
Aerator Used: VinOair
Alcohol Content: 15.4%
Cost: The price was right! I got a case of 12 bottles for $99 while it was on sale. Can’t be that and another reason it’s a good everyday drinking wine. Plenty of bottles to play with.
https://villatoscano.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love that place... $99! that was not a deal that was a STEAL!
ReplyDeleteOh and I forgot to mention how much better everything tastes when its Complementary.....
ReplyDelete